Monday, March 29, 2010

Secondhand Fashion Week: Day 1 - A Dollar or Less

Today Liberty and I are both wearing clothes that cost a dollar or less. My black top is something that my husband Eddie bought for me at a garage sale while I was pregnant with Liberty. Because I couldn't wear it at the time, I stuck it in a pile of clothes and forgot about it... until now. I was so pleased to realize that it actually fits quite well now that I have a waistline again! Though it's a simple, comfy top it has a few details that transform it into more than just a basic black top - the sleeves flare at the end and the v-neck is accented with lace, sequins, and tiny beads.

I am wearing...
Shirt/faux white cami by ??? (tags cut out), 10 cents from a garage sale
Jeans by Levi's, secondhand from my mom (free)

Liberty is wearing...
Jumper and shirt by Cherokee Baby, $1 from a garage sale
Mary Jane socks by Trumpette, $2 for 6 pairs from a consignment sale

When I found those adorable shoe-socks at a kids consignment sale, I thought the concept was genius but I had no idea how great of a deal I was actually getting. Later I discovered that these retail for over $25 (for a set of 6) new!

Visit AmandaBeth Online to learn more about this fashion event!

3 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love your earrings too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!

    http://bramblewoodfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your little one look great, and your husband has great taste!

    ReplyDelete