Thursday, March 25, 2010

Are you a frugal fashionista?

Photobucket

This week, I've been looking through my clothes and trying to pair together my cutest secondhand pieces of clothing because my friend Amanda over at AmandaBeth Online is hosting a Secondhand Fashion Week beginning this Sunday. This will be my first time participating in one of her blog events and I can't wait. At first I wondered if I had enough clothes to pull it off since even though I'm pretty frugal, I buy more from clearance racks than from secondhand stores. Plus since I've spent much of my married life either pregnant or recovering from being pregnant (ie, unable to wear my regular clothes), I haven't been acquiring that many clothes lately if you exclude the maternity ones. But after taking a look through my closet, I decided that the challenge to work with what I have should be fun! Plus, much of my precious daughter Liberty's wardrobe has been purchased from garage and consignment sales, so I'm thrilled to be able to include my very own "live paper doll" in this event! After all, what's the point of having a little girl if you can't play dress up with her every now and then?

So how frugal is your wardrobe? Please check out AmandaBeth Online and consider joining in this event. Also be sure to explore the site for some great fashion inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. At first I wondered if I had enough clothes to pull it off since even though I'm pretty frugal, I buy more from clearance racks than from secondhand stores.

    Same here! My mom works at Ann Taylor Loft, so I get advanced notice on all their sales. In fact, most of my second-hand clothes are things she got there for herself and decided they were more me than her. lol

    ReplyDelete